Saturday, January 3, 2009

Reading Goals for 2009

So I've decided to set some reading goals for 2009. I've been looking through a number of challenges other bloggers are hosting this year. There's everything there from reading the classics to reading books whose titles start with the letters of your name. Finally, I decided not to enter any of the challenges for now. I tend to change my reading to suit my mood and I don't want to tie myself to a particular type of books. After all I tend to read simply for fun. So instead, I came to the conclusion that I would like to set a goal of reading 50 books this year. That's approximately 4 books a month. I am almost at the goal for this month already, but it's mostly because I had lots of days off around New Years and spent the last couple days reading non-stop. This is a pretty rare luxury, in general, so I don't think my goal will be too easy to complete.

I do hope I will get to a variety of books this year. In addition to fantasy (urban and heroic) which I tend to read quite a bit of, I hope to get to a few sci-fi novels, some historical fiction, and a few classic novels. I will also try to finish reading some non-fiction books that I've started last year. Those tend to go a bit slower. Well, isn't it time to read?

1 comment:

  1. I have the same goal for 2009. So far I have read 40 books (I read a lot during my holiday). Five months left until the end of the year. I think it will be possible for me to read more than 50 books this year.

    ReplyDelete