Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Out of This World Mini-Challenge

Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings is running a mini-challenge on Jan 17th and 18th. All the details can be found in his post, but to summarize it's a sci-fi short story reading challenge. You read short stories (there is a bonus drawing for reading a story from Best Science Fiction Stories Site) and then you comment on it in Carl's blog posting for the mini challenge.

I think this mini-challenge is going to be excellent for me because it doesn't require a big commitment and will allow me to explore some science fiction. One of the most memorable science fiction collections I have ever read is Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang made me realize how amazing short stories can be and how much you can get out from just a couple dozen pages. I am looking forward to looking up some of his newer stories on the 17th and also reading stories by other classic authors. In fact, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment