Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dollhouse

I have to say I am a huge fan of Joss Whedon. I've watched all of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly at least twice from start to finish. You will not be surprised to find out that I've been looking forward to Joss Whedon's new show Dollhouse for quite some time now. And of course I had to watch the premier on Friday when it came out.

I've really enjoyed the first episode. Not to say that it's without flaws, but I feel the show has a lot potential for character development and interesting plots. In the first episode we meet Echo (Eliza Dushku) who is an "active". An active is a person whose personality may be overwritten to create a personality for hire by those who can pay. I did have some trouble not thinking Faith when I was watching Echo, but I guess it's to be expected.

The plot seemed fairly fun too. We watched Echo in her personality as kidnapping negotiator attempt to save a little girl. The fact that her personality had its own flaws and weaknesses made things more interesting. The show certainly had no trouble holding my attention.

There were a couple of other familiar faces on the show. Tahmoh Penikett (Helo on Battlestar Galactica) plays a cop who is searching for Dollhouse, but is getting a lot of heat for pursuing a case many don't believe even exists. Amy Acker is also on the show as one of the doctor of Dollhouse (she used to play Fred in Angel).

Other reviews for the show seem to be mixed, but I really hope that we will get to see where the show is going. It's going to be very disappointing if Fox cancels the show in the style of Firefly. So I am definitely watching the second episode next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment