Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Recap

The summer is more than half-way done. July has been a very busy month for me and August is promising to be even more so. I can only hope I'll find time to read. I do have some motivation since I received a new Kindle cover with a light for my device and I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

I ended up finishing a reasonable number of books in July:
  1. A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
  2. Rose of Fire by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
  3. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
  4. Heartless by Gail Carriger
  5. The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
My favorite read was The History of Love with A Short History of Nearly Everything surprisingly coming in as a close second. Zafon's short story and the newly published novel definitely take the prize for being most disappointing reads of the month. 

I am now left with some heavier books to read in August, so we'll see how it goes. Adieu!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa!!!! Yeah! I feel like I've done something right when I recommend a book that other people like and which stands up to their own criticism and other reading.

    I know how you feel about the 'big book' thing. I was scanning my shelves last night for something that wasn't massive to avail.

    ReplyDelete