Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Looking forward to in 2012

Many of the series that I have been following have either released their last book last year of have gone on a hiatus (Scott Lynch, where are you?). So there are only a handful of 2012 releases that I am actively awaiting.


The first on the list is the 3rd book in Galen Beckett's series about Mrs. Quent called The Master of Heathcrest Hall. I have enjoyed the second book in the series and I am looking forward to the conclusion of the series coming out on March 27th.

The second one is a new book by Carlos Ruiz Zafon coming out sometime in the summer of 2012. The Prisoner of Heaven returns to The Cemetery of Forgotten Books and Sempere bookshop. Since The Shadow of the Wind was a book I gave 10 stars a few year back, I'll definitely be looking out for this one.

Finally, the last book I am looking out for in 2012 is the City of Dragons by Robin Hobb. It's coming out on February 7 -- but I am slightly apprehensive about it. I think it's once again got split into two volumes and I may choose to wait for the fourth book to be released before getting this one. Reading a book with a story arch that doesn't wrap up is just not a lot fun. Still, Hobb is consistently on top of her writing and having read almost everything else published by her I find it hard to stop now.

---

On a separate note, there's also one movie that I am looking forward to -- The Hunger Games! I really enjoyed the books and the trailer looks pretty awesome too.





No comments:

Post a Comment