Sunday, February 21, 2010

New Book Orders

Just as my reading stack was reducing to a manageable size I ordered some more books from Amazon. Quite a few of them won't be coming till May when they release, but a few more will be coming in shortly. Here are some of the books I ordered:

1. Dragon Haven: Volume Two of the Rain Wilds by Robin Hobb
I may have already mentioned in the review for Dragon Keeper that the book has been simply cut into two with a knife. This is the second half that will be coming out on May 11th which I wish could be read more closely with the first half. Hopefully I will still remember who's who in May.

2. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
Continuing with the theme of long book titles, I am very much looking forward to the last book in the Millenium Trilogy. I am sure this doesn't come as a surprise to anyone following my last review. This book is coming out at the end of May.

3. The Prince of Mist by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The amazement at how good The Shadow of the Wind was is still somewhat fresh in my mind, and I am hoping that this new novel by Zafon will live up to my expectations. It will release in the beginning of May. In fact, I think May might be an amazing month for reading.

4. Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison
The latest Rachel Morgan adventure is being released on February 23rd. I am hoping for another enjoyable romp with Harrison's characters.

5. The Magicians by Lev Grossman
This new fantasy novel seems to have graced a whole lot of Best Of 2009 lists. I am going to find out what the hype is all about for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment