Saturday, January 2, 2010

Reading Goals for 2010

It's the time of the year to set some reading goals.

1. Read 45 books this year
I didn't even come close to my 50 book goal last year. It seems I averaged about 3 books a month and could only pull off a higher number when I read shorter books or books I enjoyed so much that I read them nonstop. Going to try for 4 books/month this year.

2. Read at least 2 non-fiction books
I have a cookbook and several psychology-related non-fiction books that has been waiting for me to read them. Hoping to get through them this year. I have a lot of trouble sticking with non-fiction reading.

3. Read more science fiction, in particular classics
I am much more well-read in fantasy genre than in science fiction. I would really like to read some of the classics I've heard so much about but never gotten to. Larry Niven's Ringworld is probably going to be first since it's already sitting on my bookshelf.

4. Have fun
Yes expect more silly book reviews because sometimes it's fun to read something easy breezy cheesy :)

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with number 4. Reading should all be about fun anyway and I don't think anyone should despise the easy, fun book.

    I too want to read more sci fi this year. I read more than usual last year, but want to get to many more of the classics this year myself. I enjoyed Ringworld. A bit hard sf at times, but I felt the story was still very enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete