Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking Forward to in 2010

Five titles I am planning to read that will (hopefully) be published in 2010.

1. Dragon Keeper by Robin Hobb (Feb 2010)
One book I have already pre-ordered on Amazon. Robin Hobb returns to the Rain Wilds world with a new set of characters. Being a big fan of Hobb's previous series set in the same world, I am in anticipation of the new story.

2. Naamah's Curse by Jacqueline Carey (June 2010)

The second book in the series following Moraine and her adventures. Since the first book of the series made my top 5 reads of 2009, I am definitely looking forward to the next book.

3. Wise Man's Fears by Patrick Rothfuss (???)

The publication date for Wise Man's Fears is still unknown, but following the author's blog, it seems that the manuscript has been submitted, so I am hoping to see this book come out this year.

4. Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison (Feb 2010)

The next installment in The Hallows series. I expect it to be thoroughly fun like the previous books in the series.

5. CryoBurn by Lois McMaster Bujold (November 2010?)

Miles Vorkosigan has been a favorite character of mine for a long time. Despite being disappointed in Bujold's new Sharing Knife series, I cannot help but be excited about a new book featuring Miles. The book is completed and should hit the stores by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment