Monday, August 10, 2009

Hugo Award Winners 2009

The Hugo Award winners were announced at the WorldCon last night. And the winners are:

Best Novel: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
- I am very glad The Graveyard book won! Read my review above.

Best Novella: The Erdmann Nexus by Nancy Kress
Best Novelette: Shoggoths in Bloom by Elizabeth Bear

Best Short Story: Exhalation by Ted Chiang
- Also a very deserving winner in my opinion

Best Professional Artist: Donato Giancola
Best Graphic Story: Girl Genius by Kaja and Phil Foglio
Best Editor, Long Form: David Hartwell
Best Editor, Short Form: Ellen Datlow

Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form: Wall-E
- I am one of the few people who was not super impressed by Wall-E. Pixar has made better movies.

Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog by Joss Whedon
- I am really really glad to see it on the list. Neil Patrick Harris is just amazing not to mention Joss Whedon (!)

Best Related Book: Your Hate Mail will be Graded by John Scalzi,
Best Semiprozine: Weird Tales by Ann VanderMeer and Stephen Seagal

Campbell Award for Best New Writer: David Anthony Durham
- In my to-read pile right now. One more reason to pick up Acacia soon.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really pleased with the awards this year. The hardest for me is the artist category because generally I really like all the artists who are nominated. Graveyard Book is a deserving winner in my opinion and I'm really happy for Neil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it's pretty cool when you can say you've read the Hugo winners before they actually became the winners. Means lots of good reading got done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cool, but for me quite an odd thing because usually I am reading older stuff and don't get to anything listed on any awards list.

    ReplyDelete