Thursday, March 15, 2012

And Blue Skies from Pain

Title: And Blue Skies from Pain
Author: Stina Leicht
Series: A Book of the Fey and the Fallen, book 2
Genre: Fantasy
Published: 2012

Recommendation: A worthy sequel that I recommend to those who enjoyed Of Blood and Honey.
Rating: 7.5/10

Summary: Liam agrees to be studied by the Milities Dei under the supervision of Father Murray to determine physiological and psychological differences between him and the Fallen. The order and the Fei make a temporary truce, but the study isn't going smoothly and soon Liam becomes involved in more politics than before.

Reactions: After reading Of Blood and Honey, I have been looking forward to this sequel that came out in early March. I lost no time buying myself a copy and was rewarded by the continuation of the adventures in the previous book and the return to the same characters.

This book is well-plotted and kept me coming back to read it early in the mornings and late at night. I enjoyed following Liam's adventures as well as his personal struggles. I definitely enjoy the character-growth and self-discovery aspect of the novel as much as the rich cultural background with the mythological characters and the Northern Ireland independence wars.

All-in-all, it was a good really fast read, though now I am faced with the prospect of waiting another year or so for the next book in the series to arrive. The ending was sufficiently wrapped up to be satisfying with just enough left open to see the possibilities in the next book. I will be definitely looking out for more Stina Leicht.

No comments:

Post a Comment