Saturday, March 2, 2013

February Wrap-Up

The shortest month of the year is over, the sun is shining and it's very clearly spring outside my window. Good weather doesn't bode well for my reading counts, but February was quite successful with five books completed:
  1. Bury Your Dead by Louise Penny
  2. A Trick of Light by Louise Penny
  3. The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny
  4. Mr. Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal
  5. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
I started this month by finishing off all the published books in the Inspector Gamache series. Bury Your Dead was particularly my favorite out of those I read this month. Then I switched gears and read a couple of fictional novels set in WWII which was quite a change of pace. I enjoyed both books, but wasn't particularly strongly affected by either.

The reason I suspect the next month will be slow beside the really nice sunny weather is because the next book I am reading is Effective C++ by Scott Meyers and that might take me quite a bit of time to get through. Nonfiction is always a drag on my total book count, but since I've made some goals for myself to read non-fiction this year and the book is actually interesting, I am investing time into it.

There are still several books on my to-read list that came from Best Of lists from last year and that I may pick up. Or I can catch up with Flavia since the latest book in the series came out in January. Time will tell. Happy March to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment