Thursday, April 1, 2010

March Recap

To say that March wasn't a big reading month for me would be an understatement. I finished exactly one book in March and I didn't even like it that much. I can't possibly call it out as March's favorite.

Instead I've been slowly reading Blink by Malcolm Gladwell. It's a fairly interesting popular psychology book on how we are affected by first perceptions, but somehow every time I put it down I don't find too much motivation to pick it back up.

A big chunk of March was spent playing Final Fantasy XIII. While I do not play video games a whole lot, I've been convinced to try this one and find myself enjoying the experience. I like that at the start there is a whole lot of story and slow introduction to the gameplay itself. While the characters may feel a little cliched and extreme in their emotions, overall the story ends up being sufficiently interesting to keep you playing. I also enjoy the auto-fighting mode which picks particular attacks for you. As someone new to this genre of games, that makes the game go a lot easier, but at the same time doesn't reduce the difficulty to the point where it's just tedious.

Overall, I hope in April I will find the motivation to go back to reading more, finish Blink and finish playing Final Fantasy XIII (I am on chapter 11). Onwards to spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment