Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Royal Pain

Title: A Royal Pain
Author: Rhys Bowen
Series: A Royal Spyness Mystery, book 2
Genre: Mystery
Published: 2008

Recommendation: A fun continuation of Gergie's adventures.
Rating: 7.5/10

Summary: Georgie is still penniless living in London when the queen asks her to host visiting princes of Bavaria whom the queen would like to marry her son to. But between dealing with the princess and her grumpy chaperon several deaths occur and it may be up to Georgie to find out what really happened.

Reactions: When I mentioned in my last review that I'll pick up the next book in the series, I really meant it. Yearning for more adventures of Georgie, I went to Borders, picked up this sequel and finished reading the book same night. As you may guess I found it enjoyable.

The book has a slightly different cast with the princess of Bavaria featuring in many of the adventures. But it's now clear that the queen Mary, Belinda, and Darcy are going to be recurring characters in the series. I am looking forward to seeing where Georgie's relationship with Darcy is going to go.

The mystery itself once again revealed itself to be pretty much as I expected, but with a few details I didn't pick up on. Georgie got quite a bit of detective action this time and was more clearly going out of her way to solve the mystery. Overall it was a slightly simplistic, but fun romp and I definitely recommend this book for those who enjoyed the first one.

2 comments:

  1. I am always on the lookout for new mystery series for my darling wife. Thank you Maria for helping me with this year's Christmas shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading the 1st in the series this 2nd book is a continuation of the story. Love the characters & the situational comedy.

    ReplyDelete