Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mid-Year Recap

Time flies! It's already been half a year since I started this blog. It's been fun to keep track of my reviews here even though I haven't had as much time for the blog lately.

First the summary for June:

Reading
Books Read: 3
  1. Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
  2. Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
  3. Naamah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey
Favorite book: Naamah's Kiss

Authors
Male: 0
Female: 2

Blog
Posts: 5

Now looking over the past 6 months:

Total # of books read: 20
Total # of stories read: 13

Total Male Authors: 15
Total Female Authors: 14

At the start of the year, I set myself a goal of reading 50 books this year. Looks like I am consistently reading fewer books/month than I need to reach that goal. Still, I will be happy if I can reach 40. I am sure I only read maybe half that last year.

Now my top 3 favorite books read so far:
1. Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
2. Naamah's Kiss by Jacqueline Carey
3. Dragonfly in Amber and Voyager by Diana Gabaldon

Favorite Story:
The Merchant and the Alchemist's Gate by Ted Chiang

Overall, I am really happy about how many interesting books I've got to read and how few of them have been disappointing. I am looking forward to reading many more exciting books this year and I hope you might try some of my favorites from this year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment